Monday, February 13, 2012

Comic relief for the day

Everyone needs a comic relief every day, right? Well this probably isn't too comical...but it definitely made me laugh. :D So here goes. I found it while reading history: this is the beginning of the Thirty Years' War.

"Protestant nobles rebelled against Ferdinand in May 1816 and proclaimed their resistance by throwing two of the Habsburg governors and a secretary out of the window of the royal castle in Prague, the seat of Bohemian government. The Catholic side claimed that their seemingly miraculous escape from death in the seventy-foot fall from the castle was due to the intercession of the Virgin Mary, while Protestants pointed out that they fell into a manure pile."

:D

Have a great day...I'm still chuckling to myself. :)

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I thought it was funny too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha! Nice... you never know what form a "miracle" may take! Personally, I would prefer to avoid that variety. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL...gotta love history...the latter is a more reliable miracle

    ReplyDelete